Chester +44 (0)1244 322 456 North Wales +44 (0)1745 404 002 London +44 (0)2074 881 704

Do you need Professional Indemnity insurance?

Lothbury UK Ltd > News > Do you need Professional Indemnity insurance?

Many professions need to have Professional Indemnity Insurance as part of their respective industry body’s regulatory requirements.  Even if you are not obliged to have professional indemnity insurance, without it, you could be liable for thousands of pounds worth of legal fees, and compensation payments – not to mention loss of income from the time spent defending any allegation.

You are likely to need professional indemnity insurance if:-

  • You provide advice or professional services to your clients (including consulting or contracting)
  • You provide designs to your clients (such as working as an architect or design engineer)
  • You want to protect against allegations of mistakes or negligence in work you have undertaken for your client
  • You work as a contractor, consultant, freelancer or self-employed professional and your client has requested you arrange professional indemnity insurance in order to undertake a contract
  • Your industry association/regulatory body requires you to have it

If you wish to discuss this further or request a quote for your Professional Indemnity insurance then please contact Lothbury via email or telephone +44 (0)1244 322 456

We have appropriate policy wordings to suit your profession/trade and miscellaneous for specific business activities to suit all.